Friday, August 25, 2006

Empowering the Pastor's Wife

Here is a short excerpt from a current posting entitled "Empowering the Pastor's Wife" by Veronica Reece. To read the entire post, click here.

“I feel like I’ve wasted my life,” said one pastor’s wife whose last child had recently left home. “I’ve given the best years of my life to bringing up my family, while other women have been making a career for themselves, and what do I have to show for all my efforts? Nothing!”

I think many pastors' wives these days feel the same way. They have been influenced to believe that their roles as mothers or homemakers are neither as important nor as fulfilling as a place in the business world or running large ministries in the church. . .

. . . We came to a crossroads in our lives. We had to decide what our priorities were: a second income to have all of the extras, or a full-time job as mom where I was able to invest into the life of my child? What was going to be greater, the short-term investment of things, or the long-term daily investment in the life and discipleship of my child?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home