Monday, August 21, 2006

Bruce Warrington to Retire From Waldorf Church

Bruce Warrington, who has been pastor of counseling and pastoral care at the Grace Brethren Church of Waldorf, Maryland (Jeff Thornley, pastor) since December 1, 2002, has announced his retirement from the Waldorf church, effective upon the sale of his house and subsequent move to Yorktown, Virginia, to be nearer other family members.

In the August, 2006, newsletter from the Waldorf church, Warrington said, “February 2006 I turned 65. Now it is time to trust God to provide as I retire for personal reasons, not job-related reasons.

“You and Pastor Thornley have been great. I thank him for bringing me here and working with me as I transitioned from being a Southern Baptist senior pastor to the very special Grace Brethren Fellowship. I thank Pastor Thornley for continuing to work with me and letting me continue to minister until I can sell my house (could take months) and move closer to my family in the Yorktown, Virginia, area."

Pastor Warrington has served in several pastoral positions and for eleven years was the Senior Pastor of the Manteo Baptist Church of Manteo, NC, which included the building of a sanctuary to seat 500.

He studied at New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary and also received a business education degree at the College of William and Mary in Virginia. He has biblical counseling skills and his training includes studying under the ministry of Jay Adams.

He has served on staff at the Fredericksburg Pastoral Counseling Center, along with providing pastoral counseling to his congregations. He and his wife, Barbara, will appreciate your prayers for the sale of their home and the coming transitions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home