Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Pray: Darrell Anderson Faces Surgery

Todd Scoles, North Central Ohio district coordinator, passes along the following note from Darrell Anderson, associate pastor at the Delaware (OH) Grace Brethren Church:

What a joy it is to be a part of the family that cares!

Thank you for all your prayers thus far. As most of you have heard by now, through a series of events unrelated to a heart problem, Irene and I found out that I will need a second bypass surgery. I had a four way by-pass in 1985. God has given us 21 good years since the bypass. I will need to have three of the four by-passes redone.

There seems to be a misunderstanding about when the surgery will be. I am scheduled for open heart surgery on August 17th unless there are some cancellations and then they would move the surgery up. There also seems to be a misunderstanding of what I'm allowed to do at this time. The doctor says for me to keep a modified schedule with no strenuous activity. I will be keeping my regular appointments and plan probably to be in the office from 8:30 a.m. to 12 o'clock and from 1 or 2 p.m. until five o'clock in afternoon.

I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow to talk about the removal of a large polyp that tested benign, but was told there could always be cancer cells lurking in the polyp. This is what began the series of events. Before surgery the surgeon wanted me to go to a cardiologist for clearance because I would put to sleep. Tomorrow I will find out how critical it is to have the polyp removed before heart surgery. It can be done in a different way without being put to sleep.

This appointment is now past and the decision, after consulting with two surgeons was to delay the polyp surgery

Please pray for wisdom with the surgeon tomorrow concerning the polyp and when it needs to be removed.

Please pray that Irene and I can have an impact for the Gospel and the sake of Jesus on the surgical and nurse team involved in my heart surgery.

Please pray for a quick recovery after surgery and that I will not get impatient to get back to work. Irene and I would like to be around for another 21 years of shepherding people, if the Lord Wills.

Please pray for Irene, she is a real trooper, and we are hooked at the hip. We have been through a lot in the last 48 years and God has always shown himself mighty to us, and we know he will do the same this time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home