Monday, January 15, 2007

Thornton Concluding Ministry at Soldotna Church

Dan Thornton (pictured), who is currently on sabbatical leave as pastor of the Peninsula Grace Brethren Church of Soldotna, Alaska, announced to his church this weekend that he will be concluding his ministry at the Soldotna church.

Thornton says, "I plan to stay in the area for a couple years working, working on my doctorate, until Michael graduates from high school. Then I will be looking for God’s leading for the next ministry."

He continued, "It’s a little exciting. I had three years of seminary that prepared me for 20 wonderful years of ministry. Now I’m devoting three years for my doctorate. I wonder what the next 20 years will be?"

Thornton is currently the vice chair of the board of the Brethren Missionary Herald Company, having previously served a number of years chairing the board. He will continue as a member of the BMH board.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home