Friday, January 12, 2007

Dave Mitchell Surgery Set for February 6

Many have been praying for the upcoming heart surgery of Pastor Dave Mitchell (pictured) of the Waipio Grace Brethren Church in Mililani, Hawaii. Here is an update from Dave with the schedule:

I must say how touched I am so many people really are concerned about me and the upcoming heart surgery. It means that many are praying to God on my behalf...Thank you !

Surgery is scheduled for February 6. Further tests discovered both my midal and aortic heart valves are bad and both will probably have to be replaced as well as two by-passes now instead of one.

Needless to say this complicates things somewhat. You might say I am having a complete "motor" rebuild. We (doctors, Betty Lou and myself) have decided to have the natural valves instead of the mechanical.

New technology has increased the natural ones to last from 10 to 15 years. They are either from a pig or a cow. If you are a strict Jew they put in the cow (honest) but the pig is the best one. I asked the doctor would I have an even more craving for bacon and he said regardless, don't eat it. Ha!

I was hoping to have it done sooner, like next week, but there are several reasons why it is delayed till February. Despite the severity of the situation, I am at peace with the Lord, knowing that He knows what is happening and what better place to be than in my Father's hands.

Also, even while I am weaker now, I can still preach and thus far fulfill my church obligations by choice. God is so good and when I am preaching I feel great. I may even increase my message time from 30 min. to an hour...Just kidding Waipio.

I appreciate prayer for my wife and sons and their family and our wonderful church, whose love and support will always be remembered. I rejoice in all their strength and their love for God, knowing He is with us in whatever may happen. It's a good feeling to know you can't lose.

Check in with you after the surgery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home