Monday, June 18, 2007

Update on Gary Austin's Recovery

Gary Austin sends along an update regarding his recovery from surgery for colorectal cancer. Gary is pastor of the Cedar Rapids, Iowa, Grace Brethren Church.

I was able to get out to church for the first time since May 6. Didn't do much - and sitting was not easy. We had dinner with Jerry Young and his wife at Ruby Tuesdays. Jerry is a retired GBC pastor that travels across the country with the purpose of encouraging other pastors. It was a good visit. I slept allot Sunday afternoon; then walked over a mile that evening after it had cooled down some.

Last week was one of those weeks where we took one step forward and then two steps back. However, I think we made up those two steps over the weekend. We have no doctor appointments this week - but next week we start evaluating whether or not to have the ostemy reversed. I'm off the catheter and doing ok.

Just wanted to give you a quick update on what's happening here. I'm still working through fatigue, finishing an antibiotic treatment for bladder infection, and trying to pace myself so I don't get worn out so quickly and yet don't sleep all the time.

Thank you for your continuing prayers. Drop us a line when you can, please.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home