Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Steve Mitchell Diagnosed With Leukemia--Prayers Appreciated


With his permission, we’re posting this health update from Steve Mitchell, who pastors the Garden City Grace Brethren Church in Roanoke, Virginia. Your prayers will be appreciated by the Mitchell family—updates will be posted as they become available. In the photo Steve Mitchell is at right. With him is his father, Dave Mitchell, who recently retired after pastoring in Hawaii for many years.

“The latest news as of a few days ago is this: I have chronic lymphositic leukemia (CLL) which has yet to be determined as to whether it is fast or slow moving.

“I have no viral elements of any kind from my work in India and so my wife and child are safe, praise God. BUT I am young (39) to have this level of leukemia. I will require treatment of some kind of chemotherapy in the near future but I do not know when.

“The doctor has estimated that, if aggressively treated, I may have 10-20 years left. Truthfully I hope the rapture happens before then. Feel free to share this info with whoever would want to pray and thank you so much.”

In Christ, Steve Mitchell

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home