Friday, February 22, 2008

Roy Halberg Preaches Sitting Down


Pastor Roy Halberg of the Alta Loma (CA) Grace Brethren Church continues to recover from the pelvis, hip, and rib injuries suffered in a bicycle accident during the Southwest Focus Retreat in late January. Here is an update from his weekly e-mail:

THANKS FOR YOUR CONTINUING PRAYERS

I am getting better every day. I see my doctor again on Tuesday and he has consistently told me to stay off my leg for 4-6 weeks. Tuesday will be four weeks to the day since my accident so I am hoping for some grace . . . I'll let you know.

I didn't think I would be comfortable trying to preach sitting down and I have to confess I found it pretty tough . . . but you all made it so much easier for me and we had a lot of fun together.

As you pray for me, please continue to remember my family. We will gather this next Monday, Feb 25th for funeral services for my father. The memorial service is planned for 3:00 pm in the afternoon at my mom's church in Long Beach, Community Grace Brethren Church, 5885 Downey Avenue.

Roy's blog may be read at http://mygracefellowship.blogspot.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home