Thursday, May 10, 2007

Meet Paul Rhodes, New Pastor at Chico, CA

Paul Rhodes (pictured), the new pastor at the Chico, California, Grace Brethren Church, has provided the following helpful background on his life and ministry. We welcome him (back) to the Fellowship and look forward to getting to know him better!

I came to Chico in July 1977 as Director of Nursing at Community Hospital. In October of the same year I was appointed associate pastor at Grace Brethren Church, with Lloyd Woolman as my senior pastor. Together with my wife Jeene we did the music, youth choir, and evening services.


Much water has passed under the bridge since then. Jeene went home to be with the Lord in October 1998, and Pastor Larry from Neighborhood Church asked me to go full time on staff there as pastor for pastoral care.


In Feb of 1999 that became a reality and I completed the ordination requirements for the C& MA. I have served at this church for the past eight years, but have maintained great relationships with Grace Brethren, frequently doing music with them and guest speaking during the time they were without a senior pastor.

I remarried in July 2002 to a wonderful woman named Andrea and she has been a tremendous asset to the ministry, and we have been praying as to where we can be of most use in God’s Kingdom in our final days .


I received a call from the elders at Grace to be their senior pastor and we have prayed and discussed this for almost six months during which time God has made it abundantly clear that this is the place He wants us to be. For me it’s coming home.

Andrea and I will be going to Equip 07 in July.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home