Thursday, October 04, 2007

Pray for Betty and Randy Poyner

Your prayers are requested for Betty and Randy Poyner, who have served a number of churches and positions in the Fellowship and have both been battling cancer in recent years. The Poyners now live in Florida, and the following is an edited excerpt from a recent e-mail from Betty:

Our lives have suddenly taken another turn.

Last week we were in Little Rock for Randy's check-up. It was great. In fact if he does as well the next six months, he will take him off treatment.

In the process of our appointment Dr. Barlogie asked about me. I have had three chemos now and none has stopped the cancer. He asked if I would consider a stem cell transplant. They have had some good success with putting women with ovarian cancer in remission.

We talked with our doctors here and they encouraged us to go for it. So we are leaving Friday to go to Little Rock. We will probably be there for 3-4 weeks. The first week I will have tests and then they will develop a plan.

Our living address there will be 115 N. Taylor, Little Rock, AR 72205. We will get mail at our friends Dave and Jeri Steinfell whose address is 6 Windrush Pt., Little Rock, AR 72211. We'll let you know if we can do the e-mail or not.

That's all we know for now. Please hold us up in prayer again.

1 Comments:

Blogger David C. Russell, Author said...

Hi, My name is David Russell and I knew Randy and Betty Poyner when I was a student in the late 1960s at the Michigan School for the Blind. Today, nearly 40 years later, I am married, live near Port Huron with my wife Sherry, work as a Medical Transcriptionist, raising 2 teens we adopted 9 years ago, and active in music ministry at a Lutheran church where we live. I also have a blog where I am developing a teaching dealing with the Hebraic roots of the Christian faith. I was curious about the Poyners' and decided to do a search and see what I would come up with. If you have the means to forward this to them, would you please do so? My prayers for their health will be ongoing and hope they will enjoy life in Little Rock, God willing. I played piano, and recall the new church on Willow and Waverly Road I believe, in Lansing. God bless you. My blog URL is http://graftedinandonthejourney.blogspot.com Oh by the way, Pastor Poyner did the prayer at my school's graduation in 1970. Must go, but again thank you. My username is Mellow Roc

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home